My parents worked on a Cracker Barrel training video (which they use to train the chefs) and got this recipe a few years ago. Cracker Barrel's recipe seems to have changed a bit over these few years but not for the best. This is their recipe though and has become a family favorite. We usually have it now for Easter and Thanksgiving and its also great for a brunch. Happy Cooking!
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Mix potatoes, onion, celery and mushroom soups, and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with spray oil.
- Spread mixture into dish.
- Sprinkle other 1/2 of cheese evenly over top.
- Dot margarine evenly over the cheese.
- Bake at 350*F for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until cheese starts to brown at peaks.