1/1 Photo of Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole/Hash Browns Casserole - Copycat
I love Cracker Barrels hash brown potatoes/potato casserole so I thought I would share this recipe I found on copykat.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- Aunt Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt, to taste (avail. at JanesKrazy.com) or mccormick's Season-All salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or margarine)
- 1 1/2-2 cups colby cheese (I love cheese-but in this case, more is not necessarily better) or 1 1/2-2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (I love cheese-but in this case, more is not necessarily better)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (sometimes I substitute cream of mushroom or cream of celery soups)
- 1Spray a 13" X 9" X 2" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2In a bowl, combine soup, cheese, butter, onion, salt, and pepper. (or one of mixed season salts from above).
- 3Gently fold the potatoes into the mixture and pour into prepared pan.
- 4Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, until heated through and top is browned.
- 5Note: If you're looking for a one-dish meal you can add ham to this recipe.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole/Hash Browns Casserole - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.7
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.6 mg
- Sodium 515.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g