Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can't tell you if this tastes like Cracker Barrel because I don't remember eating hash browns there, but it is super creamy and delicious. I made layers, but I think next time I'd just combine it all in the bowl, pour it into the baking pan, and top with butter and cheese. Recipe courtesy of Recipe Lion/Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes. Serving size is estimated.
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded) or 8 ounces colby cheese (shredded)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- corn flakes, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- In a 9x13" baking pan, make single layers of potatoes, onions, 6 tablespoons butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and soup.
- Sprinkle top with cornflakes.
- Drizzle 4 tablespoons butter over top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until bubbly and piping hot.