Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love Cracker Barrel! Here's a copycat recipe for their yummy carrot cake :]
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped english walnuts
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (8oz can with juice)
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, that have been soaked in water until plump and then drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (to garnish)
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside. In a large bowl mix with beater oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs until smooth and fluffy. Add pineapple, walnuts, coconut, carrots, and raisins and blend well. Gradually add flour mixture a half at a time until blended through.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9"x13" pan and bake at 350 for about 40-50 minute Test with toothpick for doneness. When cool frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Blend cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and a little powder sugar at a time until all has been blend well. Turn mixer on high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy. Spread frosting over the cooled cake and sprinkle with pecans.
I am rating from my husband's point of view. He loved this cake--I made yesterday for his B-Day. The icing (also for me) is absolutely delicious. But VERY filling cake.
OH COURTLY Girl...I could kiss you. We love Cracker Barrel's Carrot Cake and this tastes exactly like it. My hubby and I were in heaven. I took it to a meeting and everyone would take a "sliver" and then come back (several times) for more saying, "This carrot cake is awesome". I have tried many carrot cake recipes trying to find "THE" Carrot Cake recipe and my search is over. I have tried many recipes and either they are too "cake like" or too dense and oily. This is the "just right" combo of moist, chockful, spice perfect carrot cake. Thank you. Really. :-)
Absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! Tastes exactly like Cracker Barrel. Made last weekend and it was a huge hit. I will be making again this weekend. Is now my go-to recipe for carrot cake. Left out coconut because kids and I arent a fan but hubby said it was still awesome. Look no further, this is THE recipe for carrot cake. Thanks so much for posting!!!