I love Cracker Barrel! Here's a copycat recipe for their yummy carrot cake :]
Make and share this Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped english walnuts
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (8oz can with juice)
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, that have been soaked in water until plump and then drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (to garnish)
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside. In a large bowl mix with beater oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs until smooth and fluffy. Add pineapple, walnuts, coconut, carrots, and raisins and blend well. Gradually add flour mixture a half at a time until blended through.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9"x13" pan and bake at 350 for about 40-50 minute Test with toothpick for doneness. When cool frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Blend cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and a little powder sugar at a time until all has been blend well. Turn mixer on high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy. Spread frosting over the cooled cake and sprinkle with pecans.