Recipe by Kay D.
I like these because they are so quick and easy. Even though you use Bisquick, they don't come out tasting like Bisquick or like baking powder. I always have to double the batch to make sure I get some!
Top Review by michelles3boys
These are AWESOME biscuits! I can't believe biscuits this good can be made from Bisquick! It's so fast and easy. I didn't have any buttermilk, so I used the trick of adding a little vinegar to regular milk to make my own. My biscuits turned out so light and fluffy. Thank you so much Kay for sharing your recipe. Believe me, I will be making these again and again!
- 532.32 ml Bisquick
- 158.51 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- melted butter, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix the Bisquick, buttermilk and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter into the batter.
- Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out onto a well floured work surface.
- Knead 20 times (this is a very forgiving dough), and don't be afraid to get additional flour into the dough.
- Roll 1/2 thick, or thicker if you prefer towering biscuits.
- Cut out into 2" rounds (or your preferred size).
- Place close together on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes; I usually find 8 minutes is enough.
- When you remove the biscuits from the oven, brush the tops with melted butter again.