1/7 Photos of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Biscuits
Kay Demonbren's Note:
I like these because they are so quick and easy. Even though you use Bisquick, they don't come out tasting like Bisquick or like baking powder. I always have to double the batch to make sure I get some!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Mix the Bisquick, buttermilk and sugar together in a bowl.
- 3Add the melted butter into the batter.
- 4Stir until a soft dough forms.
- 5Turn out onto a well floured work surface.
- 6Knead 20 times (this is a very forgiving dough), and don't be afraid to get additional flour into the dough.
- 7Roll 1/2 thick, or thicker if you prefer towering biscuits.
- 8Cut out into 2" rounds (or your preferred size).
- 9Place close together on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 10Brush tops with melted butter.
- 11Bake for 8 to 10 minutes; I usually find 8 minutes is enough.
- 12When you remove the biscuits from the oven, brush the tops with melted butter again.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 318.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g