Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is a signature dish for cracker barrel if you don't like meatloaf you'll like this recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 biscuits, grated into crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- place all ingredients,except ketchup, in large bowl.
- mix well with hands.
- place in loaf pan and press down gently. bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- spread 1/4 cup ketchup over top of loaf and serve.
TOO much black pepper...ick...also, I am thinking I have read somewhere to take a small spoonful of meatloaf, pre-cooked, and pan fry or microwave it for a taste-test.
My daughter and I go to cracker barrel all the time for the meatloaf so I was eager to try this recipe. We were both disappointed with it. Cracker barrel's meatloaf is firm while this is loose and soggy. The flavor was mediocre and only slightly resembled cracker barrel's meatloaf. It was edible but if I knew it would turn out like this I would have stuck to my own meatloaf recipe and not wasted my time...on the plus side there is plenty of leftovers. ..because neither one of us wanted seconds.