Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This meatloaf has the sauce that reminds me of what is served at Cracker Barrel
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 32 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs. Add milk and crackers. Stir in onion and cheese. Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into a loaf.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard to make topping. Spoon half of the topping over the meatloaf after 30 mins of baking. Return loaf to oven for 10 more mins of baking. Spoon the rest of the topping over meatloaf, return to oven and bake for 5-10 mins more.
I'd written a review a while ago, but don't see it here...I guess you have to be signed in, even though it said my review would be submitted shortly. Anyway...we thought the meatloaf itself was fantastic! The Ritz crackers gave it a delicious flavor. I used less milk, maybe 1/4 of a cup. However, the mustard in the sauce was a bit overwhelming, so I added more ketchup and brown sugar, then drizzled in a little pure maple syrup. The end result was a savory home-style meatloaf that paired wonderfully with mashed potatoes and corn. Thanks for sharing! This will be a regular at our dinner table.
Very good. The sauce makes this meatloaf. Though I did need to bake quite a bit longer then indicated. I'll make it again.
Unfortunately this is misleading as this is not a Cracker Barrel recipe for meat loaf. Their recipe calls for canned diced tomatoes - can google it and get the real thing rather than a fake.