1/1 Photo of Cracker Barrel Macaroni and Cheese
Mel T's Note:
This recipe is posted in response to a request. I found it through a Google search. I've never tried the recipe, nor CB's mac and cheese, but it sounds like it would be really good! Note: times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat; add the flour a little bit at a time whilst whisking to make a roux.
- 2Heat the broth.
- 3Next, add the broth to the roux, and stir with the whisk; this will thicken as it heats.
- 4Add a little cream, watching for the desired consistency.
- 5Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a separate pot; add salt and pasta.
- 6In the other pot, add shredded cheese a 1/4 of a cup at a time whilst stirring with a spoon. When you have about one cup of cheese in you can add the rest of the cheese.
- 7Cook the pasta until al dente; strain and combine with the cheese sauce.
- 8Pour the mix into a casserole and bake uncovered in a preheated oven set to 350°F for about 10 minutes.
- 9Keep an eye on the mac & cheese, you want it to brown around the edges and in patches on top.
- 10Remove and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracker Barrel Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.2
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 726.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 17.7 g