Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is as close to the Cracker Barrel recipe as I can make. I have taken a few different recipes and made a few adjustments to make this recipe. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family has.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup colby
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns, partially thawed
- Combine soup, margarine, butter, onion, cheese, salt and pepper in bowl, mix well.
- Break up potatoes with fork. Add to soup mixture, mix gently.
- Spoon into 12X12-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
Made this for my family on Sunday. They loved it. I of course being me had to change it just a bit. I used Ritz crackers on top instead of cheese just because we all love Ritz crackers. Great Recipe.