Chef #1073606's Note:
I have been on a quest to discover the secret to Craker Barrel's perfect biscuits. There are several recipes out there that claim to be like Cracker Barrel's. I have tried them all, and they all fall short. Finally, through much trial and error, and a combination of the many other recipes I've used, I have created a recipe that is about as close as you could hope to come!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2SIFT (this is important!) together the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- 3Cut in the butter and then stir in the milk until the dough comes together.
- 4Divide the dough in half, and then each half in half again. Continue doing this until you have 32 small, roughly-equal, portions. Roll these into balls. Take two balls at a time and press them together into one disk. (This is what allows the biscuits to separate nicely for buttering!) Don't press them too flat, they should be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Keep doing this until you have 16 disks. Place them on a ungreased cookie sheet, sides touching. Brush lightly with beaten egg white.
- 5Bake 8 - 10 minutes, depending on how dark you like them. 9 minutes works for me.
- 6When they come out, immediately brush them generously with melted butter.
- 7Eat some right away! They are SO good fresh from the oven! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracker Barrel Like Biscuits! Really!
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 743.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g