Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the creamy summer treat that's served at Cracker Barrel. It's a perfect blend of not too tart, not too sweet. And to top it off, it's a cinch to make. I was a little leery of using raw egg yolks without cooking the pie, but a RecipeZaar Groupie assured me that it's safe.
- 1 graham cracker crust (8-inch or 9-inch)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- 14 vanilla wafers
- Combine milk, egg yolks and lemon juice with a wire whip.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Arrange vanilla wafers around pie, pushing into the filling so that only half the wafer is showing.
- Spread Cool Whip over top evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Serve very cold.
I made this per my husband's request for a Lemon Icebox Pie. This couldn't be any easier to make and we both enjoyed it very much. A keeper!
The best lemon pie EVER made!!
Really delicious. So nice on a hot summer day. I didn't add the eggs though and it still was great. Thanks.