Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I always order this as a side at the restaurant so I decided to make it for thanksgiving dinner and my family loves it!
- 907.18 g package frozen hash browns
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter, is fine too
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 473.18 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese (be generous with it if you like it cheesy!)
- Spray 9×13 inch pan with cooking oil.
- Melt butter in the microwave. In a bowl, add hash-browns, cheese, minced onions, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and melted butter and mix together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until completely warm and cheese begins to melt.
My kid loves this stuff.
Yum really good! In my opinion it is better than the Cracker Barrel version. I used the hash browns with onion and peppers already in it, and I browned pork chops, put them on top, baked, covered for 1/2 hour, then uncovered for the rest of the baking tie. I would change it next time, by using half the amount of butter. A great simple dinner. Thanks for sharing!
Great potato side dish. We all loved it and it really complimented some blackened chicken. Thanks for sharing. Made for Sprin PAC 2013.