Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a copycat recipe for Cracker Barrel's Grilled Chicken n’ Fresh Vegetable Salad (Grilled Chicken Tenderloins over fresh greens and vegetables. Comes with two traditional deviled eggs and Country Pepper Vinaigrette dressing).
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken tenderloins, trimmed of any fat
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 12 cups spring greens
- 2 large vine ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Cucumber and Onion Salad
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 large English cucumbers, thickly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thickly sliced (Vidalia, Walla Walla, or Maui)
- 8 ears sweet corn, cut off cob or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1 cup chow chow relish
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In bowl, stir together corn relish ingredients and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least three hours to marry flavors.
- Whisk together all of the vinegars, orange juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, onion, salt and black pepper in a large bowl; Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Set aside.
- In bowl, toss cucumbers and onions with 1/2 cup of the country vinaigrette. Chill for at least one hour.
- In a saucepan, place eggs, and add cold water to cover. Bring eggs to a rolling boil; immediately cover and remove from heat. Let eggs stand, covered, for 17 minutes.
- Drain, and place eggs in ice water for 10 minutes before peeling or cool running under continuously running cold water. Peel eggs, pat dry, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks, and place in medium bowl, mashing with a fork to a fine crumble.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper to yolks and mix vigorously until well combined. Pipe or spoon filling into halves. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika. Chill until ready to serve.
- Season chicken tenderloins with kosher salt and black pepper. Spray nonstick skillet with nonstick spray, add olive oil and heat to medium high. Add seasoned chicken and sear until done turning once (6-8 minutes).
- When ready to serve, divide prepared salad into 4 large salad plates. Spoon onto each serving plate the following: 1/2 cup cucumber and onion salad, 1/3 cup corn relish, 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, 2 thick slices of vine ripe tomatoes and 2 deviled eggs. Top with hot seared chicken, and serve immediately.