Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe of Cracker Barrel's Fried Chicken Tenderloins (Chicken Tenderloin Dinner - Your choice of six chicken tenderloins either marinated and grilled or crispy breaded and deep fried).
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons creole seasoning, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken tenders
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups shortening or 3 cups canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large food storage bag, combine buttermilk, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Add chicken; seal and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Combine flour and remaining 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning in a food storage bag. Add the chicken and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a deep heavy skillet to about 350 degrees F. Fry several chicken pieces at a time. Fry, turning several times with tongs, until deep golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes for each batch.
- To make it just like the restaurant, serve 6 chicken tenderloins and any three Country Vegetables plus buttermilk biscuits or corn muffins.