1/10 Photos of Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
I grew up eating fried apples and then as an adult I discovered Cracker Barrel and their fried apples. This recipe is from another site and is as close as I have seen to Cracker Barrel. The recipe says you can freeze the cooked apples. I have never done this as there is never any left.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium skillet, combine the 2 cups apple juice and sliced apples.
- 2Simmer gently until apples are fork tender but not mushy, turning apples frequently.
- 3Remove apples from juice using a slotted spoon and place in an oven safe dish.
- 4In a blender, combine the remaining 1/2 cup apple juice, cornstarch, apple pie spice and sugar.
- 5Blend a few seconds until smooth.
- 6Whisk mixture into hot apple juice in skillet and cook, stirring constantly on medium high heat until it bubbles and becomes thickened and smooth.
- 7Pour thickened mixture over apples and serve.
- 8Please note the cooking time is an approximate.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice