Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat of Cracker Barrel's Chocolate Pecan Pie.
Top Review by ~~QUEEN BEE~~
wonderful recipe!! the thing i like is unlike some of the other chocolate pecan pie recipes here, this one has JUST the right amount of chocolate.......it doesn't overwhelm the pecans......make sure and either use a deep dish pie crust or two regulars because it will overrun in a regular crust......and pour the liquid SLOWLY into the crust so as not to move the arranged pecans and chips.....YUM! the whole hive loved it :)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked pastry shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together eggs, add in sugar and mix well. Mix in corn syrup, salt, vanilla, and margarine.
- Place pecans and chocolate chips in pie shell. Pour mixture over nuts and chips. The pecans will rise up to the top when baking. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Chill before serving and between servings.