Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is surprisingly simple and soooo delicious. The restaurant serves it warm with heavy cream. We prefer a little vanilla ice cream on top.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) packagenestle semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter.
- Cut with a pastry blender until the crumbs are the size of small peas.
- Over hot (not boiling) water, melt the chocolate morsels.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Add milk and egg to the chocolate mixture; mix well.
- Blend into flour mixture; mix well.
- Spread pie filling in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole.
- Drop chocolate batter randomly over cherries.
- Sprinkle nuts all over top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.