Recipe by C. Taylor
Update: I have double checked the baking soda amount and it is indeed 2 tsp. Hope this helps avoid any confusion. *** I absolutely adore the pancakes served at Cracker Barrel, especially their pecan pancakes. This recipe comes from the Cracker Barrel Cookbook. In my experience, you need to make sure that your cooking surface is well greased or you get leathery pancakes.
Top Review by Bratty Cook
Yes, this is the cracker barrel pancake recipe. I use 2-3 c. of buttermilk, some buttermilk is thicker than others. You want a fairly thin batter and a very hot pan. I use 475 on my griddle. The sugar and butter is key to the browning factor and taste. This aren't thick pancakes, enjoy
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (heaping)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- oil (for cooking) or butter (for cooking)
- butter, and
- maple syrup, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together until incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Heat a griddle or non stick pan under med. - med. high heat, and grease with a little butter or oil (more if you like a crispy edge).
- Drop batter using a 1/4 cup measuring cup onto hot pan. Once the bottom side is golden, flip and brown remaining side.
- Serve with butter and real maple syrup.