Recipe by Junebug
This recipe came from CopyKat. It's easy to make and is a nice side dish with almost any entree. Another plus is it's a real kid pleaser!
Top Review by Martha wanna-be Melissa
Just got back from KY where we went to Cracker Barrel and HAD to have those delicious carrots again. I did as others said and used BROWN sugar which made it more like the original, but I had to double the sugar to make it as sweet as CB. It had too much of a butter flavor otherwise. Really yummers though!
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse carrots and put in a sauce pan, pouring enough water in pan to just cover the top of the carrots.
- Cover carrots and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Turn heat to low and simmer about 30 minutes til tender when pierced with a fork.
- When carrots are tender pour off half to three fourths of the water.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.