Prep 2 mins
Cook 50 mins
The little ones love these carrots as good as candy. This is an absolute must for a great side dish.
- 2 lbs fresh baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bacon grease
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Melt bacon grease in boiler.
- Add carrots and enough water to cover the top of carrots.
- Cover with a lid and place on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until the carrots are tender when pricked with a fork.
- When carrots become tender pour half of the water off.
- Add melted butter,sugar and honey to carrots.
- Place lid on pot and cook until completely tender.
This is an excellent recipe for making carrots. I have always loved the carrots from Cracker Barrel, and this recipe comes pretty close. I reduced the amount of butter a little, and they still tasted wonderful! The recipe doesn't state when to add the salt, but I added mine at the beginning, so the carrots could cook the entire time with it.
Not sure why I haven't done a review. My DD loves these and request for them to be made quite often. They are definitely a staple in our household. The carrots are yummy and very easy to make.
SO SCRUMPTIOUS! Made these for our Thanksgiving potluck at work & everyone loved them. They were so good. Will definitely be making these for Turkey day next week.