1/3 Photos of Cracked Wheat Buttermilk Bread With Sunflower Seeds
3 hrs 25 mins
This is a nutritious, hearty bread with a nice nutty taste. It makes great toast! Cracked wheat can be found in a bulk food store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put cracked wheat into a small pot with 1 to 2 cups of water.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil for 6 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and drain well.
- 4Let cool about 15 minutes.
- 5Put cooked wheat into bread machine.
- 6Add all other ingredients as listed except for the sunflower seeds.
- 7If you don't have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by adding 1 tbsp lemon juice to one cup of whole milk.
- 8Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 9Use amount called for in the recipe.
- 10Set bread machine for whole wheat bread.
- 11Press start.
- 12Add sunflower seeds at'addition' beep.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracked Wheat Buttermilk Bread With Sunflower Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (744 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2163.5
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 100.2 mg
- Sodium 4353.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 333.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.2 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 66.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: