A classic Spanish side dish, it is basically spiced potatoes and often, though not always, includes tomatoes. Patatas bravas are a delicious snack in their own right, but make a tasty accompaniment to simple dishes such as my Pecorino Tart With Tarragon Crust or Goats Cheese and Beet Leaf Tortilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the baby potatoes in a clean tea towel and hit with a wooden mallet or rolling pin to crack them lightly.
- 2Flatten each garlic clove with the mallet or the blade of a heavy knife.
- 3Heat the oil in a large saute pan and cook the onion, potatoes and garlic for 10-12 minutes, stirring until golden.
- 4Add the chili flakes, paprika, tomatoes, brown sugar and some salt and pepper.
- 5Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- 6Stir through the parsley and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracked Tapas Patatas Braves
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g