Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Place the baby potatoes in a clean tea towel and hit with a wooden mallet or rolling pin to crack them lightly.
- Flatten each garlic clove with the mallet or the blade of a heavy knife.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and cook the onion, potatoes and garlic for 10-12 minutes, stirring until golden.
- Add the chili flakes, paprika, tomatoes, brown sugar and some salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir through the parsley and serve warm.
These are really good. The only variation I have is in the technique. I think you should maybe let the potatoes cook a while before adding the onions and garlic. I would have liked to let the potatoes get a bit more brown before the onions began to carmelize. Excellent flavors though! (oh, due to diet restrictions, I omitted the sugar)