Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A classic Spanish side dish, it is basically spiced potatoes and often, though not always, includes tomatoes. Patatas bravas are a delicious snack in their own right, but make a tasty accompaniment to simple dishes such as my Pecorino Tart With Tarragon Crust or Goats Cheese and Beet Leaf Tortilla.
- Place the baby potatoes in a clean tea towel and hit with a wooden mallet or rolling pin to crack them lightly.
- Flatten each garlic clove with the mallet or the blade of a heavy knife.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and cook the onion, potatoes and garlic for 10-12 minutes, stirring until golden.
- Add the chili flakes, paprika, tomatoes, brown sugar and some salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir through the parsley and serve warm.