My daughter and I wanted a soft and chewy cookies and after trying oodles of recipes we came up with this good sugar cookie
- Beat oleo until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars, beating well.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Combine flour, soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- Add gradually to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes.
I have been looking for a sugar cookie recipe to add to my other assorted cookies for gifts and these are as close as I am going to get. They were just right. I'm going to reduce the sugar and use a butter cream frosting. But yes I did have a SLIGHT problem with the tangy acid taste from the baking soda/cream of tartar. Of course I made them vegan. Thank you so much! I had little hope I would find a sugar cookie recipe like this.
loved the cookies, except I could taste the baking soda which I don't care for...
These were excellant, chewy with a slightly crispy edge and they stayed that way in a covered container also! Passing this recipe along to others, its great!