Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the recipe for the house salad dressing served decades ago (in the fifties) in the Gourmet Room at the Town and Country Hotel in Mission Valley (San Diego CA). My husband's favorite salad dressing. From the newspaper.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cracked peppercorn
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- In a blender or with a whisk, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan cheese, peppercorns, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce.
- Slowly blend in the buttermilk until well combined. Chill until ready to use.
Love this dressing. Thank you BecR. Have used it with pita sandwiches and especially like it with a little salad I make from chopped cauliflower, tomatoes, sliced black olives and cashew nuts.
This dressing is awesome! I did use a bit less than 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and omitted the tabasco sauce this time. Will be doubling this recipe from now on. Thank you BecR!