Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, low cal pasta for supper. from Cooking Light
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Set aside, and keep warm.
- Saute onion and garlic in margarine in a small frypan over medium heat until onion is crisp tender, set aside.
- Combine sour cream, milk, and pepper in a small bowl, stir well.
- Combine linguine, onion mixture, and sour cream mixture, toss well.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
I really enjoyed it Alot!! I love Alfredo sauce but it is Very Fatting...This did not even taste fat free!! I really Loved It! Thanks Dorothy!!
I used fresh ground pepper because I didn't have cracked. It was just a little bland so I went on and added extra parm into the sauce. Great easy meal. I served it to my husband who doesn't like sour cream and he liked it. I served it with broccoli and ended up eating it together. Good meal.
This was a very easy dish to put together and we liked it. I love pepper, but I do think I will reduce the amount of pepper to half next time because it was too peppery even for me. I also did not care much for the flavor of the sour cream so I think next time I might try fat-free half-n-half. I did heat up the dish after mixing it all together so it was a little more creamy and the sour cream was not cold. Thanks for sharing.