Recipe by LilPinkieJ
Another recipe from Everyday Gourmet, a specialty kitchen store. These look very good and easy. Time doesn't include chill time, which can be up to overnight.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour and baking soda and set aside. In large mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla and almond extracts and beat well. Gradually add the flour mixture until well mixed. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls then roll into logs 2 inches long. Place on un-greased cookie sheet then bend and pinch the ends to form crescents. Bake in 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are firm. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for at least ½ hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate pieces with a little shortening until melted. Dip one end of each cookie into the melted chocolate then sprinkle with finely chopped nuts, shredded coconut, chocolate sprinkles or any other topping you prefer. Place on waxed or parchment paper and chill until the chocolate is set. They freeze well.