Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have had this recipe for so many years, and it is one of my favorite cookie recipes, whenever I bring these over to someone's house, I always end up by having to give out the recipe, as these cookies have such a wonderful appearance and texture.... everyone just goes wild over these yummy cookies...you will too!
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, cream together the shortening, water and brown sugar; add eggs and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry mixture to the creamed.
- Beat at low speed or with a wooden spoon, until thoroughly combined.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour (to let the dough harden).
- Remove from fridge; shape into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- Roll balls into icing sugar until very well coated (roll twice, if needed).
- Space ball 1-1/2- 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet, to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes (longer for a more crispier cookie, shorter time for a softer cookie).
- Keep an eye on these, as they bake very quickly.
- Cool; remove to wire rack.
I threw these together yesterday to bring to a friends and all I can say is YUM. Everyone loved these and asked for the recipe. They are just so simple and easy to make and taste awsome. Kitten you have done it again. Thank you
The dough takes a lot more than one hour refrigeration in order to work with it. This recipe is similar to Chocolate Crinkle Cookies which I have found far superior. Sorry. I wanted to like these more.