I have had this recipe for so many years, and it is one of my favorite cookie recipes, whenever I bring these over to someone's house, I always end up by having to give out the recipe, as these cookies have such a wonderful appearance and texture.... everyone just goes wild over these yummy cookies...you will too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a cookie sheet.
- 3In a bowl, cream together the shortening, water and brown sugar; add eggs and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- 4In another bowl, sift together flour, baking cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- 5Add the dry mixture to the creamed.
- 6Beat at low speed or with a wooden spoon, until thoroughly combined.
- 7Add in chocolate chips.
- 8Refrigerate for 1 hour (to let the dough harden).
- 9Remove from fridge; shape into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- 10Roll balls into icing sugar until very well coated (roll twice, if needed).
- 11Space ball 1-1/2- 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet, to allow for spreading.
- 12Bake for 7-9 minutes (longer for a more crispier cookie, shorter time for a softer cookie).
- 13Keep an eye on these, as they bake very quickly.
- 14Cool; remove to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracked Chocolate Chipper Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 59.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g