Prep 35 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is a Better Homes and Gardens recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup beef or 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour,baking powder,pepper and salt.
- Cut in margarine or butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add broth,stir just until dough clings together.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead gently for 10-12 strokes.
- Divide dough into 8 portions,divide each portion into fourths.
- Roll each portion into a 10 inch long rope.
- Fold each rope in half,twist 2-3 times.
- Arrange twists on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 5 minutes,turn the pan and bake 5-6 more minutes or until brown.
yummy! My husband loved them also. Infact we almost ate them all in one night! I can not wait to make them again to compliment a nice red wine. would be great for a party!