Recipe by PATRICIA M.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Great side dish that can be prepared in advance for any occasion casual or more formal.
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dip
- 0.5 (26 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon crispy and crumble as finely as possible, then combine first 4 ingredients, mix in hash browns then spread in an 8 x 8 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Ovens vary so check that top is a lovely golden brown.
- to make this in a 9 x 13 pan just double all indredients and increase bake time to 45 minutes.
- to make ahead just refrigerate until ready to pop in the oven the next day.
- servings, yield and times refer to basic recipe in 8 / x pan.