Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend of mine - the name pretty much says it all, they're addictive and wonderfully easy, too!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat in cocoa, flour and salt.
- If desired, add semi-sweet chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overcook.
- NOTE: I used semi-sweet chocolate chunks and thought those made the brownies just divine! They're good right out of the oven and even better the next day.
These brownie are rich and fudgy, but came out very flat. I prefer a thicker brownie, but they taste really good.
Delicious! I love how moist and chocolaty they are! A real crowd pleaser and great with peanut butter.
I think I'm on a brownie high!! Oh my, these were very good, and almost as easy as a box mix, but sooo much tastier! Who needs a mix??