Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
File this one under "T" for "Tastiest Treats"
- 12 -14 stuffing mushrooms (medium size)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) canof flaked crabmeat, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped up
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 6 slices bread, made into breadcrumbs in a food processor
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the chopped garlic and green onions.
- Add the flaked crabmeat and breadcrumbs.
- Remove from heat and add water chestnuts, mayonnaise and salt and pepper.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture sticks together.
- Quickly wash the mushrooms and pat dry; remove the stems.
- Fill the mushrooms with the breadcrumb mixture and pat into a ball.
- Put mushrooms on a baking tray (does not require to be greased) and bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until mushroom caps start to brown.
- The water chestnuts give the mushrooms a delicious crunch.