Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living. You can bake the potatoes in the microwave if you prefer.
Top Review by Mrs.Habu
We enjoyed this a lot. Next time, I will add more milk because the sauce was too thick. Also, the green pepper needs to be added to the pan a few minutes before the onions because they take longer to cook. Thanks for posting!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes; prick several times with a fork.
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- Melt buter in a large skillet; add green pepper and green onions, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Add cream cheese, crabmeat, and milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; add sour cream, salt, white pepper, and garlic powder.
- Serve over split baked potatoes.