Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
elegant, southern-seafood stuffing
Make and share this Crabmeat Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 15 slices white bread
- 1 lb claw crabmeat
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese or 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 3⁄4 cup minced celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Cut bread slices into 3/4-inch squares.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Set aside.
- Drain crabmeat, removing any bits of shell; set aside.
- Bring whipping cream and sherry to a boil; boil 5 minutes.
- Stir in Old Bay seasoning and next 5 ingredients.
- Gradually add cheese, stirring until blended.
- Set aside Saute celery, green bell pepper, and green onions in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender Combine bread cubes, crabmeat, cheese mixture, vegetables, and mayonnaise, tossing gently Spoon into a 13*9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Wow! The best I've ever had. Served this for thanksgiving and they devoured it!!!!