Recipe by jdrichardson
This recipe came from www.tilapia.ws that turned out wonderfully. It is a rich and spicy recipe that can be used on other similar fish as well. It was difficult to roll the fillets easily, so I placed one fillet on the bottom of the casserole dish, layered the crabmeat on it and topped with another fillet of Tilapia. Larger fillets would work out better for rolling. Also one can adjust the amount of cayenne as desired. Worked out great.
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery rib
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 226.79 g white crab meat, Phillips Pasteurized Crab meat
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1.77 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 (680.38 g) tilapia fillets, approximately 6 oz each
- 29.58 ml butter, Melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- chop the onion and celery into fine pieces.
- flake the crabmeat and check for pieces of shells.
- Sauté onion and celery in butter until tender.
- add parsley and remove from heat.
- stir in the bread crumbs, crab meat, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Spray casserole or oven pan with cooking spray.
- Spread the mixture over the tilapia fillets and roll them up placing seam side down in dish. Place any leftover stuffing around fillets.
- Sprinkle with melted butter and paprika.
- Place in a 400°F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until the tilapia flakes easily with a fork.