1/2 Photos of Crabmeat Stuffed Tilapia
This recipe came from www.tilapia.ws that turned out wonderfully. It is a rich and spicy recipe that can be used on other similar fish as well. It was difficult to roll the fillets easily, so I placed one fillet on the bottom of the casserole dish, layered the crabmeat on it and topped with another fillet of Tilapia. Larger fillets would work out better for rolling. Also one can adjust the amount of cayenne as desired. Worked out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery rib
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 8 ounces white crab meat, Phillips Pasteurized Crab meat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets, approximately 6 oz each
- 2 tablespoons butter, Melted
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2chop the onion and celery into fine pieces.
- 3flake the crabmeat and check for pieces of shells.
- 4Sauté onion and celery in butter until tender.
- 5add parsley and remove from heat.
- 6stir in the bread crumbs, crab meat, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- 7Spray casserole or oven pan with cooking spray.
- 8Spread the mixture over the tilapia fillets and roll them up placing seam side down in dish. Place any leftover stuffing around fillets.
- 9Sprinkle with melted butter and paprika.
- 10Place in a 400°F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until the tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabmeat Stuffed Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 871.1
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 321.7 mg
- Sodium 1714.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 95.0 g