Recipe by Abby Girl
Wonderful do ahead appetizer.
Top Review by mcadis
I prepared according to the recipe. I decided to taste the stuffing BEFORE I put into the mushrooms. Am I ever glad I did! It was terrible. It was also painful to throw away wasting the costly crabmeat etc. ingred. At least the mushrooms did not go to waste. I did not like the taste of the mayonnaise and parmesan together. Just too overpowering. UCK!
- 16 large mushrooms, reserve stems
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced
- 4 ounces crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned breadcrumbs (or panko breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -3 drops hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash mushrooms and pat dry with paper towels. Pull out stems, leaving a hole where the filling will go. Mince all or most of the stems to make 1 cup, Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and mushroom stems. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Stuff the mushroom cabs with the crabmeat mixture.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.