Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Court of Two Sisters in New Orleans.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 2 stalks green onions, diced
- 3⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced,both green and red
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked clean of shell
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- steamed rice
- Melt butter and add onions and mushrooms, sauteing until tender.
- Add peppers and seasonings and simmer for five minutes.
- Add crabmeat and saute just until the crabmeat is hot, then add the wine and simmer until absorbed and reduced.
- Remove from heat and let stand momentarily.
- Serve over steamed rice.
this was simply delicious! and so quick and easy to prepare. i used red peppers and i used fresh onions as well, not a big onion powder fan. i served this over brown rice with some hot pepper sauce on the side. thanks bev
I used this as filling for crepes, but the ingredients in this recipe had no cohesiveness and the flavor was bland. (Sorry, Bev!) We ended up really liking it though, and following is what I did: a. 1/8 # butter (half of what recipe calls for) b. ca. 6 oz. cream cheese, melted and added c. add salt d. After filling and wrapping crepes and arranging in bakeproof pan, cover with swiss cheese. Bake till heated through and broil till cheese bubbles. Great with salad and white wine.