Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious alternative to the traditional tomato based lasagnas. I make this for dinner parties or just dinner with the fam. Serve with green salad and hot dinner rolls.
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (8 ounce) cartons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 4 cups provolone cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- fresh basil leaf
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add celery and next 3 ingredients. Sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine sour cream and next 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir in vegetable mixture and spinach. Add crabmeat; toss.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9- inch baking dish; top with half of crabmeat mixture. Top with half of cheese. Repeat layers with 3 lasagna noodles and remaining crabmeat mixture. Top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until bubbling. Uncover and top evenly with remaining 2 cups cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining basil.