Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Why is it called Scooter? I have no earthly idea, that's just what was written on the top of the page when I pulled this out of a book I bought at a secondhand store. This is another one you cannot eat if you're watching your weight, but it's deliciously decadent.
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 lb crabmeat, cooked (can use imitation or canned crab)
- salt and black pepper
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked (or pasta of your choice)
- Boil a large pan of water. Add pasta; cook until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Saute onions and parsley in butter over medium heat for two minutes.
- Add flour and whipping cream to skillet; whisk until flour is well blended.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Add crabmeat; lower heat and simmer until completely heated, stirring frequently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine pasta and sauce, stirring to completely coat pasta.
Worth every calorie! How can you you go wrong with crab, swiss cheese and cream? The sauce was so rich and delicious. The fresh parsley added a great flavor. Garlic would be a nice addition to this, I think. I will make this again; thanx for sharing.