Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was on a recipe card sent to me in the mail. I love Vidalias and think this is great! I love tuna so I use that and have not tried it with crabmeat but that is what the original recipe called for.
- 4 large vidalia onions
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages lump crabmeat, drained
- cracker (optional)
- fresh fruit (optional)
- Peel onions; cut off bottoms just enough to form a flat surface.
- Carve out onions, leaving a half-inch shell.
- Set shells aside; chop insides of onions and set aside Grill onion shells over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Stir together 2 tablespoons reserved chopped onion, celery and next 4 ingredients.
- Gently stir in crabmeat (you can substitute canned tuna, 12 oz) Spoon mixture evenly into Vidalia shells.
- Serve immediately with crackers and fresh fruit, if desired.