Recipe by luv2luvya1000
Delicious deli style crabmeat salad. Easy to make and out of this world!
Top Review by Caryn Dalton
I used a food processor and it was very fast.This was easy to make...as long as you have cold ingredients, I see no reason to refridgerate for at least 2 hours...the mix didn't taste any different the next day. I didn't use as much mayo( about 3/4 cup)..and used low fat mayo...it turned out great! I toasted some white bread, then topped the bread with a large piece of lettuce, then some sliced tomato..then a big scoop of crabmeat salad. It was a delicious side to our meal...but filling enough to be eaten alone. My husband wants to use the rest in a hoagie. The recipe is very zesty...use less Italian dressing if you don't like that sort of taste. This recipe makes about 6 servings.
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (preferably Hellmans)
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine onion, green pepper, celery and crabmeat.
- You can use food processor (for no more than 3 seconds) or mix real well by hand making sure crabmeat is flaked well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, mayo, salad dressing, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing mixture into the crab/vegetable mixture and toss lightly to combine.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.