Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is not exactly crab rangoon,but it's very similar.I like to add green onions or chives to the crab mixture.
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 40 wonton skins (about 1 lb.)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- to taste vegetable oil
- Drain crabmeat thoroughly; remove cartilage. Remove excess water by squeezing crabmeat;chop.
- Mix crabmeat,cream cheese,salt and garlic powder.
- Brush wonton skin with egg.Place heaping teaspoonful of crabmeat mixture in center of wonton skin.
- (Cover remaining skins with plastic wrap to keep them pliable.) Top with another wonton skin; press edges to seal.
- Brush egg on center of each side of puff.Make a pleat on each of 4 sides,pressing to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wonton skins.
- (Cover puffs with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out.) When puffs are room temperature, heat vegetable oil (1 1/2 inches) in wok to 350 degrees ( I use a deep fryer). Fry 4 or 5 puffs at a time, 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning 2 or 3 times; drain on paper towels.
- Serve with a sweet and sour sauce if desired.
Very Very Good...Enjoyed So much. I added a bit of chives and paprika, to mine...Super flavor...