Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe off my Chinese cookbook by Betty Crocker. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (6 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 40 wonton skins
- 1 beaten egg
- vegetable oil
- Mix chopped crabmeat, cream cheese, salt and garlic powder.
- Place heaping teaspoonful crabmeat mixture in center of wonton skin.
- Top with another wonton skin; press edges to seal.
- Brush dab of egg on center of each side of puff.
- Make a pleat on each edge, pressing to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wonton skins.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok to 350 degrees.
- Fry 4 or 5 puffs at a time until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or plain.