Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can also add in some cooked shrimp with the crabmeat, just reduce the amount of crabmeat slightly.
- 1 (10 inch) prepared pie crusts (to fit a 10-inch pie plate)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat (rinsed and well drained)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or use ground red pepper)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream (or use 18% table cream)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 400 degrees (oven rack set to bottom-lowest position).
- Fit the prepared pastry into the 10-inch pie plate; fold edges under and crimp edges as desired.
- Using a fork, prick holes in the pastry all over.
- Fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes; remove the pie weights; cool.
- In a skillet saute the green onions with garlic over medium heat for about 3 minutes; stir in crabmeat, lemon rind, Old bay seasoning and cayenne (or ground red pepper) saaute for another 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, cream, salt and parmesan cheese.
- Add in the crab mixture; mix to combine and season with black pepper.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake quiche (on top of a baking sheet) for about 35-40 minutes or until set.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.