Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Southern Living.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) packageshredded parmesan cheese
- Unfold piecrust, and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Carefully place piecrust in a 9-inch pieplate; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 400° for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Sauté chopped green onions in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Stir in crabmeat and next 3 ingredients; sauté 2 minutes.
- Whisk together half-and-half and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in cheese and crabmeat mixture. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 400° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 15 minutes.