Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My boyfriend (who never cooks) made this for me from a recipe he was given by a friend in Hong Kong. Not sure where it originates from but if you're in the UK you're unlikely to be able to get old Bay seasoning but there is a recipe for it on this site!!!
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodles or 1⁄2 lb pasta, sheets
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of shrimp soup or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans lobster bisque
- 1 lb special crabmeat
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook noodles, rinse and drain.
- Combine soup, crab, ricotta cheese, Old Bay Seasoning, cream cheese, onion, egg, basil, salt and pepper.
- Layer 1/2 noodles in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Spread with 1/2 crab mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the layers and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let stand about 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- *Note if using pasta sheet cooking is not needed.
Really nice change from your usual lasagne! Next time I will reduce the amount of Old Bay Seasoning and canned soup because we thought they were over-powering. I wanted more of a crab flavor. Everything else was perfect and we WILL be making this one again!
EDITED REVIEW: This had a good flavor, but reminded me more of a dip that I want to eat with cornchips. If you took away the lasagna noodles and the egg, I think it would make a terrific dip, in fact. We only used one can of soup (shrimp) and it still turned out too soupy, so it didn't really look like lasagna when it was served...more like a pile of lasagna noodles covered with sauce. Still, it was easy to make and had a wonderful taste.