Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Pines, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- lemon wedge, seeded
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Put the crabmeat in a big bowl; add in the mayonnaise, lemon juice, worcestershire, and salt/pepper.
- Mix everything together gently using your hands, lifting the crabmeat up and down in the air.
- Divide equal handfuls of the mixture among four ovenproof seafood shells and sprinkle the top of each with a few bread crumbs.
- Drizzle a little butter over the top; put shells on a baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until just lightly browned and crusty on top but not at all burned.
- Serve with lemon wedges.