Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This is from the cookbook-I'll Have What They're Having [Legendary Local Cuisine}It was created by John Hoesel,president of the Pittsburgh and a boyhood friend of his It was first served at the Duquesne Club and the chef, Abel Rene Bomberault and titled Crabmeat Hoesel
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb flaked crabmeat (lump crabmeat, is best)
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- melba toast
- In a small bowl or jar combine tarragon vinegar, cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil.
- Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours before using.
- Place the crab meat in a chilled serving dish.
- Make a mound of the crab meat.
- Stir the dressing well.
- Ladle over the crab meat.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve with melba toast.
This is outstanding - more people really need to try this - this is absolutely SPLENDID. Easy as a mustard cake to make. It was hard letting this sit for 24 hours - as I kept sneaking pieces here and there. I served on some nice crackers and there was none left. I mixed the crab very carefully as I didn't want to break up the large lumps. Truly a special lovely appy.