Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Avocado halves filled with crabmeat mixture and served warm. Sounds delish, but haven't tried it yet.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large avocados
- 1 dash lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove pit.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- In a bowl combine crabmeat, celery, eggs, pimiento, onion, salt and mayonnaise.
- Spoon this mixture into avocado halves.
- Combine bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle mixture over crabmeat mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake for 5 more minutes until avocado is tender.
- Serve immediately.
This was excellent even though I made it with artificial crab! Will prepare for company in the future.